Water Gas and Electricity
With combined experience accumulated over more than 30 years in servicing the needs of water, gas & electrical utilities the company founders had a clear perception of the innovative development required to make utility smart meter/grids a reality.
Today MTR has become a major player in the emerging global smart meter/grid solutions market encompassing Electric/Water/Gas resource delivery grids and Control applications.
Since its establishment, MTR has succeeded in:
- Developing its proprietary smart two-way wireless technology, acknowledged by both industry leaders and competitors as the finest in the industry.
- Producing a range of products delivering an end-to-end Smart Meter/Grid solution making 100% grid coverage [two-way communication with every end point/meter in a utility grid] a reality.
- Developing its core SmartNet software application for the monitoring and control of utility grid networks.
- Bringing its state-of-the-art products to market
MTR smart grid solution can manage and control an entire utility distribution network by providing:
- Ability to remotely control meters including turning the supply on and off
- Fault protection & analysis
- Manage and mitigate problems caused by large storms
- Get systems back on line faster
- Accurately track, conserve and bill
- Advanced software, reporting, and analytics can play a role in building your next generation smart grid for water, gas & electricity
MTR technology supports:
- Real time synchronized 2-way communication & control of valve or switch with every end point in the networked grid.
- End point service alerts including supply/consumption balance identifying non-revenue loss.
- MTR SmartNET web based consumer engagement with optional:
- Time of use tiered priced service
- Consumer specific in-home messaging channel
MTR systems have been developed to enable the utility - water, gas, electricity to reduce and eliminate non-revenue supply and engage the consumer in conserving resources. Consider the following:
- The two-way data communications range of MTR RF technology makes the cost of deploying MTR networks the lowest available in the industry.
- The cost of operating MTR two-way data communications networks are the lowest available in the industry.
- A single MTR two-way data communications network can serve all the monitoring & control needs of the water, gas & electric utility
- MTR systems are scalable from the prime producer to the consumer with a single base station [collector] capable of managing data communications with as many as 40,000 consumer end units[meters]
- Redundant communication paths offer 100% connectivity with time synchronized end points.
- MTR two-way data communications end points can connect to almost any meter or smart meter that includes AMR functionality regardless of manufacturer.